I'm going to milk this for all the link up's I can LOL
I haven't been posting much, I have lots of good reasons....
as you know, we are selling our home, so getting it ready and keeping it ready for showings, as you know, is a full time job.
I have my own full time job, which is almost 1.25 full time jobs....
Then, I have my neck and arm pain, that is about a half-time job to control....
then, with my want to keep the men in our home organized, need I say more.
Then, what is left, is my sewing slash quilting time, not much time left over is there?
So, I have been busy over the past few months sewing. I redecorated our bedroom for showings.
We have this summer weight quilt I made a few years ago, called Marriage. A little bit of both our favourite colours, hence the name.
I had 4 blocks and some fabric left over (yes, I guess they are scraps...), I have been wanting to make shams for our bed for at least 2 years. Guess, what, I got them done!
Next, I wanted to change out the drapes and curtain valance on the window over our bed.
Boy, in a small town, it sure is
I had to think about a valance for over the bed to match the drapes....
eventually, I arrived at Plan D, I had a shower curtain panel in the right colour. It may have been in the back of the Linen Closet, I think. So, I had to cut that up, sew it together in a wide width. Of course, it was tooooo long. So, back to the drawing board, I decided to just cut off the bottom, to the right length, sew a simple hem.
I found a set of brocade drapes on clearance, of course not enough to cover the entire width of the garden doors. So I found some lace panels, again not wide enough either.
But I had a brain wave, to sew them together, lace panels to the middle. After taking all the headers apart, sewing the lace to the brocade panels (unsewing one set as they didn't go together correctly... shesh...), then sewing the rod pocket gussets at the same height.
Then, I realized, the lace panels wouldn't have any backing on them and it would be difficult to sleep in on the weekend....
So, I found a number of shower curtain panels, all the same, for $1 each at a clearance sale!
I sewed them together, and then to the back of the drapes below the casement seam line.
I think I finished all these the night before our 1st Open House.
So, to say the least, with sewing for blog hops, etc, this all took me about 2 months to finish!!!!
Yahoo! Three Cheers, and all that!
I think they all look pretty nice. Not modern, not the newest colours, but traditional. yes, probably conservative too, but so is the budget.
In the past 2 days, I have dismantled my sewing room, turned it back into a bedroom, all but the sewing machine and table. Thank goodness, I was using 2 sets of drawer chests to keep my stuff in, at least I don't have to change that up! Pictures to come after I cover some cushions for the bed.
So, I will be linking up all week with this post.
I will be relaxing this May long weekend in Canada, raining all weekend, so no gardening or playing in the flower beds.
PS: I'll be doing lots of link ups this week, starting with Show and Tell Tuesday with Randi .
Have a great week,